How To Rest
Rest is a bodily state characterized by minimal functional and metabolic activities while sleep is a naturally recurring state of mind and body characterized by altered consciousness, relatively inhibited sensory activity, inhibition of nearly all voluntary muscles, and reduced interactions with surroundings.
A couple of my friends usually ask me why they feel tired when they sleep. They expect that they would be very agile when they have rested.
So in this episode, I want to discuss 3 things
- Rest and Sleep
- How to indeed rest
- The differences between them
This means that when you rest, you are only reducing functions and metabolic activities but when you sleep, you are shutting down your entire system.
Sleep well so you can avoid sleep debt.
- Focus on the part that is hurting you : this you’ve always done anyways yeah? You always attach a reason to resting
- Focus Your willpower on that part that is hurting. Not the pain but the part. This is what you have been doing before now
- Next take your focus from the hurt. This is changing strategy
- Tell yourself why you are resting. Repeat it and repeat it. Do it in any posture.
- Choose a position. Give yourself the permission to rest.
You can check my post on making your room inviting to sleep here