Men and Relationships
Men will always be men
Sometimes ago I decided to informally discuss with unmarried and married men about various issues that bothered on the male lifestyle in terms of what they think when they are with their wives or fiancé. Of course , different men with different views on matters like this which stems from probably philosophy formed while growing which might as well be as a result of experience based on sight (what they saw their fathers do) or what they experienced in their relationships both past or present.
Upon research and gathering of data from other sources, I discovered that it’s not perculiar to a country or region of the world , hence I chose to share here.
Not all points here are absolutely mine as stated earlier hence credit is given to WebMD.com.
Lets get started.
I’ll be sharing fifteen points here in no particular order of what men go through but do not most times talk about yet expect their woman to discover. A couple of times these factors lead to one party calling it quit.
They Will Talk About Feelings
- It may be easier for your man to talk about feelings indirectly. Ask what he’d do during a romantic weekend. Or what he thought the first time he met you. His answers will reveal how he feels and bring you closer.
Men Say ‘I Love You’ With Actions
- Some men prefer to show their feelings through actions rather than words. Your guy may say “I love you” by fixing things around the house, tidying up the yard, or even taking out the trash — anything that makes your world a better place.
Men Take Commitment Seriously
- Men have a reputation for being afraid to commit. But the evidence suggests men take marriage seriously. They may take longer to commit because they want to make sure they are onboard for good. In a survey of currently married men, 90% say they would marry the same woman again.
He Really Is Listening
- When you’re listening to someone talk, you probably chime in with a “yes” or “I see” every now and then. It’s your way of saying, “I’m listening.” But some guys don’t do this. Just because a man isn’t saying anything doesn’t mean he’s not listening. He may prefer to listen quietly and think about what you’re saying
Shared Activities Form Bonds
- Men strengthen their relationships with their partners through doing things together, more than by sharing thoughts or feelings. For many men, activities like sports and sex make them feel closer to their partner.
They Need Time for Themselves
- While shared activities are important, men also need time for themselves. Whether your guy enjoys golf, gardening, or working out at the gym, encourage him to pursue his hobbies, while you make time for your own. When both partners have space to nurture their individuality, they have more to give to each other. Women need understand this vital point that men no matter how well they their woman still want some time alone.This is probably because they are thinkers. to be continued…..